How we got Started. 2

How we tackled the problem?. 2

Why we decided to launch the platform?. 2

How you can benefit from this instantly?. 2

Providing a plan of your property. 4

So how do I start?. 4

Loft Conversion and Permitted Development: What you need to know.. 9

Rear Extension 3 meter +. 11

Conclusion. 11

How we got Started

Syd worked as a Freelance Structural engineer along with his friend Architect in London since December 2016 after they graduated. Syd has many contacts in remotely and some of his contacts are architects who they used to outsource their work to for becoming cost effective and at the same time reduce stress. The problem they faced was the workflow as they found it difficult to share and manage files back and forth via email and had problems with file sizes meeting project deadlines.

How we tackled the problem?

In order to tackle this problem, Syd programmed and developed what they now call and its highly efficient workflow has made outsourcing drastically easy for them and many other people like them. Moreover, many other freelancers are now joining in as they found the workflow very efficient.

Why we decided to launch the platform for all?

This platform called had been open in beta stage for Architects and few other professionals but has now been launched for everyday people. Now, people like you can benefit by contacting professionals directly and save thousands of pounds. Now having said that, this is not for everybody and you will have to do a little bit of work which would not take more than 30min and that is taking measurements of your house if you want architectural drawings.

How you can benefit from this instantly?

If you haven’t still got started with your architectural drawings, you can get your architectural drawings started from £99. A local architect would charge you around £850 to £1000 for a Standard Loft Conversion Drawing as compared to £99 by outsourcing it on

You just need to find your preferred professionals and send them measurements via sketches.

This way you save £800-£1000 and use the savings to book a pre-plan appointment with your local council (usually costs £150) and show them what you desire. They will ask for revisions, so go back to Cadhauz pay them £10-£30 for revisions and resubmit the Planning application as requested by planning officer.

Now, at this point you must be thinking that how can you take the measurements yourself, how may I submit the plans, etc. Well, we have the solution as we will show you how to take the measurements from which the professionals can work locally and also show you how to submit planning permission.

Providing a plan of your property

The aim of the plans is to indicate:

  1. The layout of the house including size & proportions of rooms
  2. If and where fire doors are fitted
  3. Where fire detection & alarm equipment is sited

So long as the plans show these things clearly, they will be acceptable.

So how do I start?

You can use ordinary plain unlined A4 paper but you may find it helpful to use graph or squared paper. All are available from stationery shops.

It’s helpful to use a scale and you should choose one which will allow you to fit all of your drawing on to one page.

Often a scale of 1cm = 1 metre is about right but you should choose a scale to suit you.

You will probably find it’s better to sketch out the plan in rough first. Walk around your property making a note of the layout and jot down the dimensions. Make sure that your chosen scale is one which will allow you to fit all of a floor on one sheet.

Start on the ground floor and using your chosen scale draw out the basic room shapes in pencil. Just use boxes to start with. Draw with light pencil strokes which can be rubbed out easily with an eraser. A single line is sufficient to represent a wall.

Then pencil in major structural things like chimney breasts, bay windows and stairs.

Presuming that there are other floors it is worth copying your basic plan at this stage as the layout of upper floors is often very similar to the ground floor.

With a few amendments, showing the next floor up is fairly easy. Stairs between the ground and first floor should be shown on the ground floor plan. Stairs between the first and second floor should be shown on the first floor.

The next floor is even easier.

Now go round with an eraser and rub out all the bits of wall which are not really there such as across the bay and where the doorways are

Using a black fine felt tip or similar pen and a ruler go over the lines you have sketched in pencil.

Then draw in the doors – sketch them in pencil first if it helps. Then use a fine felt-tip pen. A straight line to represent the door and a small curved line to show the path the edge of the door takes as it closes. Fire doors should be coloured red and other doors should be drawn in black. Rub out your pencil guide lines.

The result is something like this. It looks quite a reasonable result for a pencil, ruler and a couple of felt tips!

Then you need to add small drawings to show where baths, showers, washbasins, sinks, cookers and work surfaces are. Again sketch them in pencil and go over them with a pen.

Don’t worry too much about getting them exactly right. As long as the council can tell what they are they should do fine. It’s probably best to use a green or red fine felt tip pen or a ball point pen to draw them in.

So that’s the complicated part done. you just need to add some additional information to the plan to make it complete.

  • Write on the plan the address of the property and the date the plan was d
  • Write down the scale you have used e.g. 1cm=1metre
  • Add text to make it clear which floor is which. e.

Ground, First, Second Floors etc.

  • Make a note on the plan, with a symbol of your own to illustrate any features you consider to be imp
  • If you do not think your plan or the scale you have used does not really reflect the actual sizes of the rooms then add dimensio

8)         Floor height is needed for each room.

Finally, you can submit the plans and photos attached to an architect at

Loft Conversion and Permitted Development: What you need to know

A loft conversion for your house is considered to be permitted development, not requiring an application for planning permission, subject to the following limits and conditions:

  • A volume allowance of 40 cubic metres additional roof space for terraced houses*
  • A volume allowance of 50 cubic metres additional roof space for detached and semi-detached houses*
  • No extension beyond the plane of the existing roof slope of the principal elevation that fronts the highway
  • No extension to be higher than the highest part of the roof
  • Materials to be similar in appearance to the existing house
  • No verandas, balconies or raised platforms, however juliet balcony should be fine!
  • Side-facing windows to be obscure-glazed; any opening to be7m above the floor
  • Roof extensions not to be permitted development in designated areas**
  • Roof extensions, apart from hip to gable ones, to be set back, as far as practicable, at least 20cm from the original eaves
  • You will need minimum 2m head height from the floor to the ridge of the

Cadhauz allows you to take the measurements and convert them into architectural drawings that can be followed by the council.

You simply take measurement of your house internally and include the head height. This can easily be done by laser measuring tape. Order now on Amazon here:

If you can see the pictures below shows example of rough sketch. The rough Sketch with plenty of picture can be used to send files over to one of the team at Cadhauz so they can sketch the proposal in standard form council look for. Once the drawings are ready for you, can easily submit the drawings and wait for approval.

All you need to do is register at http://www.cadhauz and look for an architect or email at Click on Architectural drawings and select a Proffer. Click on contact me, start a conversion, confirm the order and send your upload measurement with pictures as well.

At Cadhauz we also specialize in 3D model and Interior design. So using the pdf file the drawings can then be outsourced again to give your ideas of how you would to implant the ideas into reality!

If you need any advice, please email and we will get back to you in less than 24 hours!

Rear Extension 3 meter +

Under Prior Approval

These increased limits (between 3m and 6m and between 4m and 8m respectively) are subject to the prior notification of the proposal to the Local Planning Authority and the implementation of a neighbor consultation scheme. If objections received, the proposal may not be allowed and you might have to do a householder planning application.

Through prior approval you can extend maximum 6m from rear wall for attached and semi-detached house and 8m for detached house.

Prior approval is permitted development like the 3m extension only if both of your neighbors agree; if not then again you may need to submit through householder application.

Also, when carrying out the extension you cannot use 50% of the original garden, including front lawn and rear garden.


We have more videos and guides coming up on how to submit different planning applications including which site to go and how to fill out the form. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please email us at

We hope you found the content in this guide helpful. Please help any of your friends and family by sharing the invite link with them so they can benefit from the information and you get a chance to unlock your 10%.